An author, entrepreneur, speaker and worldwide connector, Peter Shankman, perhaps best known for founding Help A Reporter Out, (HARO), is recognized worldwide for radically new ways of thinking about Customer Service, Social Media, PR, marketing and advertising. Sway Group is excited to be working with him on branded opportunities!
Based on Peter’s work with clients including American Express, Sprint, Snapple Beverage Group, NASA, Walt Disney World, Abercrombie and Kent, The Ad Council, Discovery Networks, New Frontier Media, Napster, Juno, Harrah’s Hotels and others, we asked for his feedback on content marketing today.
1. As a dad and marketer, what are brands doing right in trying to reach you as the male demographic?
• Treating me as a human being, one who has the ability to actually care for his daughter, not an idiot or a moron who can’t figure out which end of the child gets wiped vs. which one gets fed. Brands are doing themselves zero favors by mocking dads as incompetent.
2. What are three tips to creating great content?
• Write what your audience wants.
• Find out what your audience wants by asking them what they want.
• Never forget that having an audience is a privilege, not a right. It’s just like wearing spandex.
Peter Shankman is interested in growing his brand through influencer opportunities for products he believes in, as well as speaking platforms in 2015. Peter Shankman’s full bio can be found here. Please contact us for more information on how to work with Peter.